Forums address various positions on divisive topics while emphasizing the importance of how we treat one another amidst difficult conversations. At The Colossian Forum we build bridges across divisions in the church by calling believers to a more edifying way of engaging one another–through faithful conflict. Forums may be a private gathering or public event, and they can be large or small.
What is a Forum?
All forums have these common elements.
- Focus on a divisive issue related to faith, science, and culture.
- Provide a space to talk honestly and openly about a difficult topic.
- Begin and end with shared worship.
- Host scholarly experts (or include their insights through articles) who speak to multiple positions on the topic.
- Explore how, “all things hold together in Christ,” even in conflict.
- Encourage lively discussion about the topic and about how to better engage one another.
- Invite all participants to ask tough questions.
- Serve as a starting point for sustained conversation.
Read some comments from folks who’ve attended our forums.